WELCOME TO OUR BIATHLON BEARS PROGRAMS FOR THE 22/23 SEASON!
Registration is closed but if you are interested in registering for this program please email [email protected] to see if there is still room!
Our Biathlon Bears Program runs as a fully integrated addition to our Track Attack Cross Country Programs.
Biathlon Bears is for participants aged 9-12. The emphasis will be on ‘Learning to Train’ through ski and target shooting skill development, fitness and teamwork. The majority of the ski-based skills you learn will be built during your Track Attack ski sessions.
- Nurture a team/social atmosphere.
- Improve target shooting and ski technique through practice and the detection & correction of skills from our qualified coaches both on the trails and at the range.
- Learn through games, relays, racing and terrain parks to develop technique, speed, skills and fitness.
- Continue to develop confidence and safe rifle handling skills.
- Learn to ski safely in a wide variety of conditions & terrain.
- Begin to build fitness on skis.
- Learn how to enjoy the process of competition and encourage participation in Biathlon and Cross-Country Ski races.
- HAVE FUN.
Training Schedule & Fees
|Bears TA1||Bears TA 2||Bears TA 3|
|Dates||Jan 14th – March 18th, 2023||Jan 14th – March 18th, 2023||Jan 14th – March 18th, 2023|
|Ski Sessions||Sat 10:00-11:30||Tue 18:00-19:30 Thu 18:00-19:30 Sat 10:00-11:30||Tue 18:00-19:30 Thu 18:00-19:30 Sat 10:00-11:30|
|Shooting Sessions||9-10am Saturday||9-10am Saturday||9-10am Saturday|
|Biathlon BC membership fee*||Variable||Variable||Variable|
|Biathlon Program Fee (includes rifle use and ammo)||$200||$200||$200|
|Total Program Price||$320 (+ BiBC Membership)||$450 (+ BiBC Membership)||$600 (+ BiBC Membership)|
*An Individual Membership to Biathlon Canada is additional and required to participate in club programs.
Please note that all program registrations close on October 31, if you are requiring a late registration please contact [email protected]
Biathlon Bears is now open to young athletes aged 9 years old (as of Dec 31st, 2022)
Coaching Experience: I have coached for 10 years (maybe more, I never really kept track).
Favorite Trail: Carl Wylie
Fun Fact: I love lasagna!
Eric Schryer – Biathlon Lead Coach
Hailing from Sudbury, Ontario, Eric began his journey in skiing and biathlon by striding and gliding around his property with his parents. After discovering biathlon he patiently waited until he was old enough and then began learning to shoot in his local air rifle biathlon program. This quickly evolved to teaching himself how to shoot .22 rifles with a small group of athletes. After racing domestically, Eric was quickly scooped up by the coaching world. Eric began coaching with the Chelsea Nordiq ski & biathlon club. Along with leading this talented group of biathletes, Eric coached at the 2019 Canada Winter Games, and a multitude of Jr. IBU cups, IBU cups, and World Youth / Junior Championships with Team Canada. Eric is a member of Biathlon Canada’s Domestic Committee and is continuing his education in the field of psychology.
Head Coach: Jacqueline Akerman
Biathlon BC: http://biathlonbc.ca
* Individual participants are responsible for additional costs and fees including (but not limited to):
- Personal equipment
- Personal wax
- Team clothing
- Training camp fees
- Race licence(s): CCBC, BiBC
- Race entries
- Race/Event Trip fees (travel, accommodation, meals)
December 10th: 1-3pm
Register on Zone 4