WELCOME TO OUR BIATHLON BEARS PROGRAMS FOR THE 22/23 SEASON!
Our Biathlon Bears Program runs as a fully integrated addition to our Track Attack Cross Country Programs.
Biathlon Bears is for participants aged 10-12. The emphasis will be on ‘Learning to Train’ through ski and target shooting skill development, fitness and teamwork. The majority of the ski-based skills you learn will be built during your Track Attack ski sessions.
- Nurture a team/social atmosphere.
- Improve target shooting and ski technique through practice and the detection & correction of skills from our qualified coaches both on the trails and at the range.
- Learn through games, relays, racing and terrain parks to develop technique, speed, skills and fitness.
- Continue to develop confidence and safe rifle handling skills.
- Learn to ski safely in a wide variety of conditions & terrain.
- Begin to build fitness on skis.
- Learn how to enjoy the process of competition and encourage participation in Biathlon and Cross-Country Ski races.
- HAVE FUN.
Training Schedule & Fees
Registration Launches July 20th, 2022
|Bears TA1||Bears TA 2||Bears TA 3|
|Dates||Jan 14th – March 18th, 2023||Jan 14th – March 18th, 2023||Jan 14th – March 18th, 2023|
|Ski Sessions||Sat 10:00-11:30||Tue 18:00-19:30 Thu 18:00-19:30 Sat 10:00-11:30||Tue 18:00-19:30 Thu 18:00-19:30 Sat 10:00-11:30|
|Shooting Sessions||9-10am Saturday||9-10am Saturday||9-10am Saturday|
|Biathlon BC membership fee*||Variable||Variable||Variable|
|Biathlon Program Fee (includes rifle use and ammo)||$200||$200||$200|
|Total Program Price||$320 (+ BiBC Membership)||$450 (+ BiBC Membership)||$600 (+ BiBC Membership)|
*An Individual Membership to Biathlon Canada is additional and required to participate in club programs.
Please note that all program registrations close on October 31, if you are requiring a late registration please contact [email protected]
Biathlon Bears Lead Coach
Biathlon BC: http://biathlonbc.ca
* Individual participants are responsible for additional costs and fees including (but not limited to):
- Personal equipment
- Personal wax
- Team clothing
- Training camp fees
- Race licence(s): CCBC, BiBC
- Race entries
- Race/Event Trip fees (travel, accommodation, meals)