WELCOME TO OUR T2T RACING PROGRAM FOR THE 23/24 SEASON, TARGETING 13-14 YEAR OLDS!
All of our youth programs are designed around Sport Canada’s Long Term Athlete Development principles and follow Cross Country Canada’s program guidelines. The T2T-1 (formerly Junior Development) program is for athletes 13 to 14 years who are interested in developing their full range of skiing skills, off-season training and have the desire to compete at regional and provincial levels, in preparation for joining one of our L2C (Learn2Compete) Programs. A commitment to scheduled team training sessions in the summer and fall and additional, independent training at home and on the snow may be expected.
This program is suitable for athletes who are graduating from the L2T (formerly Track Attack) program and are entering the “Training to Train” stage of growth and maturation. T2T XC athletes may choose to remain in this blend of weekend and evening training throughout their Junior years or join the L2C Academy Program once they reach the age of 15.
Levels of training for individual athletes will vary according to their individual goals and other sports commitments. Goal setting and review meetings with a program coach will be held seasonally to assess progress and adjust training as necessary. Athletes will be provided with a general year-round training program, and weekly practice plans with general guidance for individual training.
|T2T Year Round
|T2T Fall/Winter ONLY
|Dates||TBD||TBD|| No sessions
|Total # of sessions||~135||~85|
|The cold weather cut-off for T2T is -20 Celcius
|Registration Deadline||June 30||August 31|
- Year-round training access
- Training 3-4 days/wk (including team (~3x) & independent sessions)
- Access to summer, fall and winter club/regional/provincial training camps
- Strength program including instruction in proper strength and weight lifting techniques
- Seasonal goals review and planning sessions (group and individual) with the coach
- General Yearly Training Plan (YTP) including weekly general guidance for individual sessions.
- Training log monitoring
- Video analysis of technique
This program has a training and racing focus. Athletes will be well supported as they prepare for the ski season and compete in local, Provincial and National level competitions that may include:
- OK Cups / Club Championshiops
- BC Cups, BC Championships
- Western Canadian Championships
- + other local events and loppets
- Contact Interim Off-Season Coach Eric for details of local/regional camps [email protected]
- BC Talent Squad, BC Development Squad, BC Ski Team camps available to respective athletes
2 SLNC summer/fall field tests for energy system fitness & strength will be offered
- Nutrition and Regeneration/recovery protocols
- Psychological techniques training (relaxation, activation, visualization, strategies, coping…)
- Technical video analysis off-season & on-snow (roller skiing, striding, skiing…)
- Online Team calendar and training session postings
- Pre-season program info/orientation meeting – mandatory for all athletes and parents.
Expectations of Athletes
This is a training and racing program. Athletes should have a desire to train year-round and compete at provincial levels. A commitment to scheduled team training sessions in the summer and fall and to completing independent training is expected. Daily training logs (including resting heart rates, sleep hours, energy levels, etc) are introduced and used to monitor training response and give appropriate training advice. Athletes are expected to be proactive in informing coaches of upcoming events & activities that may conflict with scheduled training.
Note: Athletes at the T2T level are often involved in other organized sports in the summer, fall and occasionally winter. We encourage multi-sport involvement for enjoyment and to develop a full range of athletic abilities. Our XC Coach will meet with athletes and parents pre-season to preview schedules, clarify goals & mutual expectations to outline a plan that balances the individual needs of the athlete with the needs of running a cohesive club program. The XC Coach will be flexible in helping to determine the right balance and reserves the right to set minimum training and attendance requirements.
* An SLNC 23/24 season pass is required for participants in this program.
No formal programming: TBD
Interim XC Coach – Eric Schryer