UPDATED September 1st, 2022:
Based on changes made by our Provincial Health Office, there are no longer mask or proof of vaccination mandates for any guests, staff or visiting athletes to SLNC.
PLEASE NOTE the following protocols and procedures will remain in place for the duration of the 2022-23 season:
- All guests should conduct a personal health check prior to arriving to ensure they are not under the weather prior to their visit to our facility.
- Staff and/or guests may continue wearing masks for their personal safety should they wish.
- Hand Sanitizer Stations will remain in place for the duration of the 2022-23 season to serve our customers.
- Staff will continue to maintain diligent facility cleaning schedules throughout the winter with multiple touch point cleaning each day.
Provincial health restrictions may return in place to help stop the spread of communicable diseases. Some restrictions are made by the Provincial Health Officer (PHO) under the Public Health Act and others are made under the Emergency Program Act (EPA). SLNC may also have separate policies and procedures for operational staff, volunteers, and participants in programs and events within the organization.
Sovereign Lake Nordic Club has a Zero Tolerance Policy regarding harassment of staff and volunteers.
Non-compliance will be addressed by the following 3 steps:
1. VERBAL REPRIMAND The first instance, if minor, will be addressed by the participant being required to attend an education session with the club manager or Head Coach prior to attending another practice. This individual MUST leave the premises immediately upon being given the verbal reprimand. If the instance is a major infraction (deliberate refusal to comply) step 2 will apply immediately.
2. SUSPENSION The second instance of non-compliance (or first instance if a major infraction) will result in the participant being denied access to SLNC programs and facilities for 14 days following the incident. Also, during that time the participant will be required to attend an education session with the club manager or a coach prior to resuming training. In order to return the participant must agree in writing to comply with all procedures and policies, and acknowledge that if there is another instance of noncompliance they will be unable to participate in any SLNC programs for the season or access any SLNC facilities, and will not receive refunds for any programming or season passes purchased.
3. TERMINATION If the participant has another instance of non-compliance they will be immediately notified via email that they will be denied access to SLNC programs and facilities for the remainder of the season. At any time, the immediate termination of season passes, day tickets or programs access can be implemented at the discretion of the General Manager and Health & Safety Committee.
If you have any further questions, please reach out to us at [email protected]
Event Protocols (updated September 1st, 2022)
- PoV is not required for race participants or event volunteers.
- If immuno-compromised, please consider wearing a mask when inside any SLNC facilities. Staff members, volunteers, and the public may choose to wear masks for their own personal safety.
- If you feel unwell prior to a race or event DO NOT come to SLNC and remain in place at your home or accommodations.
- Please refer to individual Race Notices for each event’s particular Health and Safety requirements.
Youth XC and Biathlon Programs (updated September 1st, 2022)
- Youth Programming (Bunnies – Academy Program) is running as normal. There are no restrictions on group sizes.
- Participants in Youth Programming are no longer required to provide Proof of Vaccination.
- Club Coaches are no longer required to provide Proof of Vaccination.
Masters XC and HP Programs (updated September 1st, 2022)
- All Adult Programming (Masters) options will operate at full capacity for the 2022-23 season.
- There are no group size restrictions.
- Adult Program participants are no longer required to provide Proof of Vaccination.
- Club Masters Coaches are no longer required to provide Proof of Vaccination.
Biathlon Range Rental and Usage (updated September 1st, 2022)
- There are no facility restrictions based on communicable disease procedures and policies for 2022-23.
- Teams renting range spaces are no longer required to provide proof of vaccination.
- If visiting athletes are not feeling well they must follow PHO guidelines and stay home or at team accommodations.
- If using club property and range equipment such as lane reset controllers, they must be cleaned with sanitation wipes after usage. These will be available in the Biathlon Race Office Building.
Club Nights – Dryland Training (updated September 1st, 2022)
- All Programming (Youth through Masters) are permitted to congregate in groups with no restrictions.
- There are no longer close proximity requirements with regard to physical distancing.
- Participants are no longer required to provide proof of vaccination.
Facility Advisory (updated September 1st, 2022)
- If using masks, please bring reusable PPE to reduce the wasteful consumption of disposable masks if you wish to continue wearing one indoors. We throw out over 20,000 paper masks annually.
- Masks are no longer required to be worn by any patrons but are available on request.
- Staff are no longer required to wear masks inside the SLNC Daylodge but may do so for their own personal safety.
- We recommend that Day Tickets be purchased online in 2022-23 to reduce congestion and traffic at the lodge. All in-person ticket sales will be completed at the ticket windows outside the lodge entryway.
- You MUST continue to scan your day tickets and Season Passes on each visit to our facility at our new self-scanning portals.
- The upstairs will be open to seating for the 2022-23 season. No clothing or boots are permitted to be stored UPSTAIRS.
- Inside seating and limited clothing storage will be available downstairs for the 2022-23 season,
- Please review our Q&A Section which will answer the majority of your facility usage general questions.
- When using buildings and outbuildings at SLNC you are no longer required to wear a face mask.
Workplace Safety Resources
- WorkSafeBC Health and Safety Requirements for Employees
- Employee Health Daily Check-In Requirements
- Addressing the Mental Health effects of Covid-19 in the Workplace
S’Cool Ski Programs (Updated September 1st, 2022)
- S’Cool Ski Participants and Teachers/Helpers are NOT required to provide Proof of Vaccination.
- ALL S’Cool Ski Participants, Parents, and Volunteers MUST follow PHO orders with regard to staying home if unwell and perform a daily health check.
- All S’Cool Ski participants will follow the School District Rules with regard to Bus Transportation regarding and mask mandates or procedures related to communicable disease control.