UPDATED January 18th, 2022:
Based on recent Omicron variant changes and increased risk of infections, Masters XC groups will no longer meet together at the beginning or end of the sessions to limit unnecessary exposure. Please see your group leaders for more information on meet-up locations at the beginning of your session. Please maintain social distancing, and wear a mask when indoors (not a Buff).
As a club, it is our responsibility to ensure the health and safety of ALL members and program participants. With this, we are making the following changes to our vaccination requirements for the 2021-22 season. This decision is based on feedback from other industry organizations, club coaches, staff, and the SLNC Health and Safety Committee. If you are unable, for whatever reason, to meet these new guidelines, a full refund will be provided to you for club Programming fees. The general public (not participating in sanctioned club programming) is NOT required to be vaccinated to use the ski or snowshoe trails at SLNC.
Provincial restrictions are in place to help stop the spread of COVID-19. Some restrictions are made by the Provincial Health Officer (PHO) under the Public Health Act and others are made under the Emergency Program Act (EPA). SLNC may also have separate policies and procedures mandated for operational staff, volunteers, and participants in programs and events within the organization.
- Current Provincial Health Orders
- Current ViaSport “Return to Sport” Orders
- SLNC Programs Covid–19 Safety Plan
- SLNC Operations Covid-19 Safety Plan (revised Jan 21, 2022)
- COVID Questions & Answers
The PHO has amended the gathering and events order. Many restrictions remain in place. For example:
- Masks are mandatory within all SLNC facilities for all age groups,
- No indoor events are permitted at this time, including Black Prince Dinners, or indoor group seating.
- Outdoor events are limited to a maximum of 100 people at this time,
- Covid Passports are not required for access to SLNC Facilities or trails at this time,
- All Program Participants (Excluding Skill Development Program participants: Bunnies, Jackrabbits, and Track Attack) MUST be double vaccinated by an approved Government vaccine in order to participate in club programs.
- All coaches, volunteers, and officials working with children MUST be double vaccinated as legislated by the PHO and Viasport BC. As a reference, SLNC already had this mandate in place since September.
Non-compliance will be addressed by the following 3 steps:
1. VERBAL REPRIMAND The first instance, if minor, will be addressed by the participant being required to attend an education session with the club manager or Head Coach prior to attending another practice. This individual MUST leave the premises immediately upon being given the verbal reprimand. If the instance is a major infraction (deliberate refusal to comply) step 2 will apply immediately.
2. SUSPENSION The second instance of non-compliance (or first instance if a major infraction) will result in the participant being denied access to SLNC programs and facilities for 14 days following the incident. Also, during that time the participant will be required to attend an education session with the club manager or a coach prior to resuming training. In order to return the participant must agree in writing to comply with all procedures and policies, and acknowledge that if there is another instance of noncompliance that they will be unable to participate in any SLNC programs for the season or access any SLNC facilities, and will not receive refunds for any programming or season passes purchased.
3. TERMINATION If the participant has another instance of non-compliance they will be immediately notified via email that they will be denied access to SLNC programs and facilities for the remainder of the season. At any time, the immediate termination of season passes, day tickets or programs access can be implemented at the discretion of the General Manager and Health & Safety Committee.
If you have any further questions, please reach out to us at [email protected]
- Double Vaccinations and Proof of Vaccination are required for all Volunteers, Support Staff, and Participants at ALL SLNC Hosted Races.
- All Volunteers, Participants, and Support Staff at events MUST wear a PoV wristband during events to easily identify them in the stadium and check-in with Athlete Services.
- In order to ensure the health and safety of all staff members at Sovereign Lake Nordic Club, all Staff MUST be double vaccinated with a Government approved COVID Vaccine to be employed with SLNC in 2021-22.
- Please refer to Race Notices for each event’s particular PoV requirements.
Youth XC and Biathlon Programs Advisory
- Youth Programming (Bunnies – Academy Program) is running as per normal. Group sizes may be adjusted for the 2021-22 season,
- Group size limits are not in place but we have recommended that all group sizes do not exceed 20,
- All Participants in Youth Programming at SLNC MUST be double vaccinated to participate for the 2021-22 season (excluding SDP Programs). Your Vaccine Passport will be checked by your coach at the next formal training session.
- ALL Club Coaches (paid or volunteer in Youth, Biathlon or Masters Programming) and all Program Participants (excluding SDP Programs) MUST be double vaccinated with a Government approved COVID Vaccine to participate in SLNC Programs (Youth, Biathlon and Masters XC, and HP) as mandated by the PHO and Viasport BC.
- Review additional Youth Programs COVID Resources HERE.
Masters XC and HP Programs Advisory (Updated January 11th, 2022)
- All Adult Programming (Masters) are able to continue to proceed for the season, as directed by the PHO,
- Outdoor Group size limits are not required at this time, but there will be no group gathering at the start or end of practices for the remainder of the season.
- We recommend that all group sizes do not exceed 20 where possible.
- All Participants in Adult Programming at SLNC MUST be double vaccinated to participate for the 2021-22 season. Your Vaccine Passport will be checked by your coach at the first formal training session.
- ALL Club Coaches (paid or volunteer in Youth, Biathlon or Masters Programming) and all Program Participants born in 2009 or earlier (12+) MUST be double vaccinated with a Government approved COVID Vaccine to participate in SLNC Programs (Youth, Biathlon and Masters XC, and HP) as mandated by the PHO and Viasport BC.
- Review additional Adult Programs COVID Resources HERE.
Biathlon Range Rental and Usage
- All coaches, athletes, and volunteers renting space in the range are required to be double vaccinated and MUST provide proof of vaccination at the office.
- Teams renting range spaces are required to be fully vaccinated and must provide proof of vaccination if born in 2009 or earlier (12+).
- If visiting athletes are not feeling well they must follow PHO guidelines and stay home or at team accommodations.
Club Nights – Dryland Training
- All Programming (Youth through Masters) are permitted to congregate in groups OUTDOORS at this time,
- Maintain a distance of 2m where possible between participants, particularly in large group settings,
- ALL participants MUST be double vaccinated (excluding Skill Development Programs), to participate in any club programming, including outside training sessions.
- Club Night must follow the same guidelines as per the recommendations listed below,
- We recommend that Day Tickets be purchased online in 2021-22 to reduce congestion and traffic at the lodge. All in-person ticket sales will be completed at our outdoor ticket windows for 2021-22.
- You MUST continue to scan your day tickets and Season Passes on each visit to our facility.
- The Upstairs will remain closed to seating for the 2021-22 season.
- No inside seating will be available downstairs for the 2021-22 season,
- Please review our Q&A Section that will answer the majority of your questions.
- When using all buildings and outbuildings at SLNC you are required to wear a non-medical face mask.
- Please bring your own PPE to reduce the wasteful consumption of disposable masks. We picked up over 150 masks in our parking lot this spring from people improperly disposing of them and handed out over 1500 masks throughout the season.
Workplace Safety Resources
- WorkSafeBC Health and Safety Requirements for Employees
- Employee Health Daily Check-In Requirements
- Addressing the Mental Health effects of Covid-19 in the Workplace
- SLNC Employee Full Vaccination Requirement or MANDATORY for 2021-22 season.
S’Cool Ski Programs (January 6th, 2022)
S’Cool Ski Programming is permitted to continue at this time
- S’Cool Ski Participants are NOT required to provide Proof of Vaccination at this time.
- S’Cool Ski Program Teachers and Parents are NOT required to provide PoV.
- ALL S’Cool Ski Participants, Parents, and Volunteers MUST follow PHO orders with regard to mask-wearing in indoor spaces, staying home if unwell, performing a daily health check, and social distance where possible.
- When inside SLVC Facilities ALL participants, regardless of age, MUST wear a face mask.