- Currently enrolled in a Regional High School (or online program) in Grades 8 through 12. Need help finding a school?
- Must have a valid Student Season Pass
- An online Onboarding Session is required*
- Maximum 30 participants across both Cross Country and Biathlon Programs for the 2023-24 season
- Registration Deadline: May 31st, 2023.
Cost Schedule: $1810 for a School District 22 Student, $2810 for a Student coming from Out of District
2022-25 Team Sponsors
Why Join the SLNC Nordic Development Academy?
- Integration with Okanagan School District #22 provides students with daytime training in Block A/B of the common timetable permitting the entire ski team the chance to train together, regardless of school or grade.
- Any opportunity for athletes from smaller clubs to come together with like-minded high school students to train as a larger team.
- Increase scholastic resources and individual training support.
- Possible bussing support is planned for the 2023-24 season to decrease reliance on parent driving. There will be a monthly bussing fee throughout the training season to offset this cost.
- All Grade 11 and 12 students will attain NCCP Introduction to Community Coaching and Community Coaching Courses as part of their curriculum with scheduled Bunny Rabbits and Jack Rabbits Coaching sessions, giving back to the ski community is an important part of being an athlete.
- A CANSI Level 1 Instructor Course will be offered at a discount for Academy athletes.
- Full Waxing Support and Coaching Support at Team led races,
- Early and Late Season On Snow Training with almost 6 months on snow.
- Year-Round Training Program.
- Athletes receive a Physical Education credit.
|May 1st, 2023 – Mid-April, 2024 (School Snowsports Academy Semester runs September 6th, 2023 – Jan 27th, 2024)|
AM: [Tue, Wed, Thu, Sat, ~8:30 – 11:00]
PM: Tue (Gym) 16:30 – 18:00School Schedule (Semester 1)
AM: [Tue (Gym), Wed, Thu, Fri ~8:30 – 11:00], Sat 9:30 – 11:30
PM: [Tue, Thu, 18:00 – 19:30]School Schedule (Semester 2: Spring, Fall / Winter)
AM: Sat 9:30 – 11:30
PM: [Tue, Thu, 18:00 – 19:30]
Length of Session
|1.5 to 3|
* An SLNC 23/24 season pass is required for participants in this program.
No formal programming: TBD
V-Learn Coordinator: Glen Stiven
Eric Schryer – Biathlon Lead Coach
Hailing from Sudbury, Ontario, Eric began his journey in skiing and biathlon by striding and gliding around his property with his parents. After discovering biathlon he patiently waited until he was old enough and then began learning to shoot in his local air rifle biathlon program. This quickly evolved to teaching himself how to shoot .22 rifles with a small group of athletes. After racing domestically, Eric was quickly scooped up by the coaching world. Eric began coaching with the Chelsea Nordiq ski & biathlon club. Along with leading this talented group of biathletes, Eric coached at the 2019 Canada Winter Games, and a multitude of Jr. IBU cups, IBU cups, and World Youth / Junior Championships with Team Canada. Eric is a member of Biathlon Canada’s Domestic Committee and is continuing his education in the field of psychology.