Officials Level 1 (OL1)
An eight hour course that provides an overview of what a cross country ski competition is all about. The focus is on the duties of minor officials for both ‘Olympic’ style (interval start, mass start, pursuit start, individual sprint, team sprint and relay) and ‘Loppet’ style (mass participation) competitions.
TIMING SYSTEMS TRAINING CLINIC (November 4-5th, 2017)
Sovereign Lake Nordic Club is excited to offer this Nation Wide training course for Zone 4 users with a focus on race file management. The focus of the course will cover event registration page creation through to posting of results for races in all formats. This course is designed for race committees, Club Executive and clubs wishing to offer Sanctioned events in the future.
Topics covered will include:
- How to setup a registration for different levels and formats of events,
- Data validation and confirmation lists,
- Race file design and processes surrounding confirmation lists and start lists,
- Online, Online with local server and Offline with local server event setup,
- Recommended hardware setup for Summit only and GoChip + Summit and RapidCam + GoChip + Summit races,
- Recommended outdoor volunteer setup and priorities,
- Recommended indoor timing staff and roles for different levels of events,
- Timing and troubleshooting,
- Results production and procedures,
- Key considerations, options and processes for individual sprint events,
- Special considerations for team events,
- Common troubleshooting mistakes and resolutions,
- Rental and purchase options,
- Racer engagement with live tracking and photos,
- Running a sample race, including sprints, relays and individual starts.
- Opportunities for mentorship with Zone4
For more information regarding this event please contact Troy Hudson (SLNC General Manager) at [email protected] or (250) 558-8916.
For accommodations providers at SilverStar click here.
Coach Development Workshops
NCCP INTRODUCTION TO COMMUNITY COACHING WORKSHOP
The “ICC” Workshop is designed to teach parents and other beginning coaches with basic information and a feeling of confidence as they begin their role as a coach. It teaches coaches how to deliver a series of age-appropriate skill development sessions under the guidance/supervision of more experienced coaches. The orientation is to skiers of all age groups with an emphasis on working with children under six years of age (the “Active Start” stage of athlete development). Coaches are taught basic coaching skills, how to teach the fundamentals of technique, growth and development considerations, how to create a motivating learning environment and how to set up a ski playground. There are no prerequisites except enthusiasm and the minimum age requirement of 14 years.
10 hrs / workshop.
The workshop fee for CCC/CCBC members is $85.00. The workshop fee for non-CCC/CCBC members is $160.00.
Location: Sovereign Lake Nordic Club: Tech Building
Register: contact our Programs Coordinator to register.