Active Start (AS) | Community Coaching Introduction (ICC)
Who should take the course?
- Anyone who wishes to start coaching
- If you want to become a volunteer parent coach
- If you’re interested in an instructor position with our Ski School (s’cool) program, where school groups between grades 3-5 come to Sovereign for lessons.
Community Coaching Introduction training is completed in two steps, taken in order.
1. Coach Initiation in Sport
This one-hour online multisport course is delivered by the Coaching Association of Canada in the Locker.
This one-hour NCCP module is available online through the CAC Locker
2. Introduction to Community Coaching
Also delivered in the Locker , this four-hour online course teaches parents and entry-level coaches how to safely deliver skill development sessions to children in the Active Start stage of development (Bunny rabbits).
- ethics in sport
- coach responsibilities
- setting up an effective ski playground
- using terrain to teach technique
- ski equipment and clothing needs for children
- After completing these courses, coaches have the status “Community Coaching in Training.” Coaches can now move to Community Coaching (CC) or Competition Coaching Introduction (CCI-L2T).
Time & Location: 4 hour online module
Cost: $52.00 (CCC/CCBC members price)
*Fee will be covered by SLNC if you are an active member wishing to volunteer as a coach.
Register: Register for NCCP Active Start course