Registration open: Limit 25.
Exciting news for pooches and their parents! Sovereign Lake Nordic Club, in partnership with Pooch Partners, will be hosting the Tails on Trails skijoring event for teams of one person and one pooch. Get yourself one of those spots, you’ll have to sign up quickly!
If you have any questions about skijoring and whether you and your teammate might be ready for it please reach out to Shelly at [email protected]. Or if you’re interested in finding out more about skijoring, visit the Pooch Partners site.
Date/Time: Saturday, March 30th, 2024 @ 4pm
Cost/Registration: $30+ GST, plus $10+ GST if not a member of SLNC. Registration is live. Limit 25 teams.
Format: Interval start, with two category levels: “Breath Hard” and “Just Dog It”.
Route: Stadium to Woodland Bell and back to the stadium
- Dogs MUST be on leash at all times, from before exiting their vehicle until back in the vehicle. There will be a higher than normal concentration of dogs during the event so it is essential that all participants ensure that their dogs are under control at all times.
- There is a “NO GREET” policy and that dogs must be kept on a leash and under handler’s control at ALL times both in the parking lot and event area and handlers must ensure that dogs do NOT interact with other dogs or humans while attending the event.
- Proper skijor equipment (i.e., proper Y harness, no retractable or hand-held leashes) must be used.
- If it is obvious that a person/dog has no experience the team will not be permitted to participate.
- If a dog displays inappropriate behaviour (i.e., fear, aggression, etc.) the team will not be permitted to participate.
- Teams must clean up after themselves during the event.
- The event organizers reserve the right to not permit a skijor team to participate if deemed to be a risk to the dog itself, other participants or member/general public or to disqualify and/or remove a team for not complying with any of the rules of the event.
- If a team is removed or disqualified from the event, a refund will not be provided.
Contact Shelly at [email protected]
Check out the event sponsors: