Click the link below to view hundreds of stunning pictures by photographer Vanessa Garrison
Special private screening
National Altitude Training Center (NATC)
@SilverStar Mountain Resort
December 27, 2023
Doors open at 6:30pm
Movie introduced by Kikkan
Movie 7:00pm – 7:45pm
Meet Kikkan 8:00-8:30pm
We want to remind everyone that safety for our trail users is the top priority here at Sovereign Lake.
A few important Reminders
-Skiers of all different abilities use our trails and deserve to feel safe.
-Skiers must be under control at all times and give others room when passing.
-Stay to the right on 2-way trails, don’t ski in packs.
Please take a moment to read the Cross Country Responsibility Code
Slate of Candidates for SLNC Board of Directors
OVCMT Okanagan Valley College of Massage Therapy
200-3400 30th Ave (2nd Floor)
Minutes from AGM 2022
Treasurer Report & Financial Statement
Strategic Plan Revisions (Draft)
Thank you to everyone for a wonderful season and fantastic last day of 22/23 operations. We look forward to welcoming you back on our trails in November of 2023. Do you need one last weekend of skiing? Check out our Spring Fling Camp from May 4th to 7th.
The second annual Sovereign to SilverStar Ski Marathon has successfully completed with 70% more registrations than in its inaugural year. With over 600 participants, and 800 entries over the two days of event the S2S has already grown into Canada’s 3rd largest loppet and the biggest in BC. This partnership event between Sovereign Lake Nordic Club and SilverStar Mountain Resort managed to raise $11,500 for Kidsport Vernon this year. Kidsport is a local charity that provides grants to cover the costs of registration fees so that all kids aged 18 and under in Greater Vernon can play a season of sport.
Skier’s ages ranged from 8 to 83 and came from all over North America to participate. Yellowknife Ski Club won the Club Competition based on participation and distance travelled, resulting in a large plaque and $2000 to the club. The Sovereign 2 SilverStar Ski Marathon was also the culmination of the Pacific Northwest Loppet Series. The overall winners for the Series were: Women: 1st Suzanne King, 2nd Maureen Clement, 3rd Daphe Brown; Men: 1st Mikhial Kudienko, 2nd Kent Murdoch, 3rd Dan Packman
Winners over the weekend:
Saturday: Skate 21k Men: 1st Lex Hostyn, 2nd Brian Brush, 3rd Simon Lapointe; Women: 1st Natalie Wilkie, 2nd Erica Casey, 3rd Rhea Loiselle. Skate 40k Men: 1st Luke Jager, 2nd Scott Hill, 3rd Jack Carlyle; Women: 1st Novie McCabe, Olivia Bouffard-Nesbitt, Katherine Stewart-Jones
Sunday: Classic, 21k Women: Ayla Musselman Bell, 2nd Sarah Johnson, 3rd Laura Salmon; Men: 1st Craig Demars, 2nd Rowan Musselman Bell, 3rd Michael Brewster. Classic, 40k Women: 1st Novie McCabe, 2nd Olivia Bouffard-Nesbitt, 3rd Dahria Beatty; Men: 1st Julien Locke, 2nd Luke Jager, 3rd Scott Hill.
Image (credit Cynthia Flores) from left to right:
Marcus Boyle, Sovereign 2 SilverStar
Shayne Wright, Kidsport
Doug Ross, Kidsport
Pat van Mullem, Sovereign 2 SilverStar
Image of Event (credit Nathaniel Mah).
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Working knowledge of Nordic skiing, ski area operations, recreation/sports club development, and the non-profit sector.
- Experience in administration, financial management and control, customer service and strategic planning.
- Experience working closely with a Board of Directors.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to think independently.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Effective interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Tact, diplomacy, and the ability to listen to the views of others in a collaborative style.
- Manage the day-to-day affairs and operations of the Club by developing and implementing operational, administrative, and financial procedures with senior staff.
- Ensure that SLNC’s facilities and equipment are well maintained and available when needed.
- Provide support to the Head Coach in the delivery of club programs.
- Promote an organizational culture of tolerance, respect and safety among staff.
- Develop a spirit of teamwork and sense of purpose among the staff toward achieving the Club’s goals.
- Build relationships with industry partners.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, direct your letter of interest and CV by April 17,
2023 to [email protected]
With just 1 week left of the operating season, we will be moving to reduced hours. Check out our Closing Day events schedule on the events tab below.
The lodge will be operating from 9am to 4pm, Monday, April 3rd through the 10th, for our last day of operations.